Bell Park Kerridge act for clients enforcing and protecting rights arising from the ownership, letting, use and occupation of residential and commercial and agricultural property. We represent our clients in courts and tribunals across the country. We have seen it all – but there is always a new challenge to meet.
We work closely with our non-contentious property department and have a wide range of experience resolving property disputes through litigation, mediation and other types of alternative dispute resolution. Where appropriate we are often able to assist our clients to resolve issues through negotiation to avoid incurring the costs and anxiety of litigation.
We appreciate that property disputes can be particularly sensitive because the opposing parties will often be neighbours and still have to live together when matters are concluded.
- Dilapidation, disrepair and end of tenancy issues
- Trespass and adverse possession
- Possession and forfeiture
- Easements, boundaries, and rights of way
- Party Walls Act disputes
- Use and abuse of land
- Planning and environmental disputes
- Shared access, parking and boundary disputes
There are a number of ways of funding, which we would be pleased to discuss in more detail:
- Legal Expenses Insurance;
- Conditional Fee Agreements (the so called “no win/no fee agreement”);
- Damages Based Agreements
- Hourly rates for agreed levels of investigation and advice;
- Fixed price quotations for agreed levels of investigation and advice.